Matthew Foster, DMD, MD
Dr. Matthew Foster grew up in Clinton, MS. He completed his undergraduate studies at Mississippi College and earned his graduate degree from the University of Mississippi, both in Mathematics. After four years as a Mathematics Instructor at the University of Mississippi, he enrolled at the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry. In 2014 he earned his Doctorate of Dental Medicine, which included induction into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon.
Following dental school, Dr. Foster moved to Kansas City to begin residency training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery through the University of Missouri – Kansas City. He completed residency in 2020 which also included obtaining his medical degree.
Dr. Foster’s interests include wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, anesthesia, and facial trauma.
Dr. Foster and his wife, Henedine, enjoy spending time with family and friends, traveling, and relaxing on the couch with their dogs.
- 1998 to 2002: Mississippi College
- 2003 to 2005: University of Mississippi
- 2010 to 2014: University of Mississippi, School of Dentistry
- 2015 to 2017: University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Medicine
- 2014 – 2015, Internship Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Truman Medical Center & Children’s Mercy Hospital
- 2017 – 2020: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- Truman Medical Center, Children’s Mercy Hospital, & Saint Luke’s Hospital
- 2017 – 2018: General Surgery Internship
- Truman Medical Center
- 2020 to present: North Kansas City Hospital, North Kansas City, MO
DENTAL AND OMS LICENSURE
- 2014 to present: State of Missouri
- 2020 to present: State of Kansas
- Board Eligible by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2014 to present: Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Honorary Dental Society
- 2010 to present: American Dental Association (ADA)
- 2019 to present: Missouri Dental Association (MDA)
- 2011 to present: Greater Kansas City Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Society
- 2014 to present: Member, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (AAOMS)
- 2020 Peer Leadership Award UMKC Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Graduate Training Program